Local News Coverage
- Taryn Asher of Fox 2 News interviewed Lori Williams about the ‘Ask the Lawyer’ Event scheduled for 9/15/13.
- Vanessa Denha Garmo of It’s Your Community interviewed Lori Williams about her business and the ‘Ask the Lawyer’ Event scheduled for 9/15. Click here to listen to the podcast.
- Your Legal Resource was featured on WDFN’s Court Side Radio show on 6/15/13. Click here to listen to interview. (Note: our segment is from 3:09 to 13:37 of the 27 min show).
- Your Legal Resource was featured in the Spring Issue of Motion Magazine by the Legal News. Click here for article.
- Lori was interviewed by Taryn Asher of Fox 2 News regarding the Women’s Divorce Resource Center, which is a non profit conducting monthly workshops to help women navigate the legal, financial, and emotional aspects of divorce. Lori was a board member for the organization at the time of the interview.
- Your Legal Resource celebrates its 2000th referral. Click here for article by Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce on January 8, 2013.
- Your Legal Resource was recently featured by the Young Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Michigan, in their Inter Alia Late Spring 2012 Newsletter. Click here for our article entitled Three Misconceptions About Networking.
- Click here to read article in The Oakland Press, People On The Move, February 19, 2012. Same article appeared in the Advisor & Source Newspaper in Macomb County.
- Click here to read Dean La Douceur’s 2/3/12 blog featuring Lori Williams as a powerful networker and big picture thinker.
- On 1/22/12, The Observer and Eccentric featured Lori Williams as Ambassador of the Year for 2011, as named by the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce.
- Click here to read the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber Blog featuring Lori Williams as Ambassador of the Year.
- Click here to read Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly article quoting Lori Williams on 12/13/10, regarding lawyer blogging.
- Click here to read article about Your Legal Resource in Macomb Legal News.Same article was also run in the Detroit Legal News without photo here.
- Click here to read article about Your Legal Resource in Examiner.com
Bio of Lori T. Williams
After practicing divorce law for 14 years, Lori realized she was meant to connect others. That’s when she changed gears and began building relationships for a living, rather than ending relationships as a divorce attorney. Your Legal Resource, PLLC was created in 2004 to connect the right client with the right lawyer in all areas of law throughout Metro Detroit, and is still serving clients daily as a legal referral service. From 2009 to 2016, Lori also hosted networking events and provided consulting services to solo, small, and mid-sized law firms to help attorneys generate more business through effective marketing, networking, and referral marketing strategies. Since 2014, she has also managed compliance for a local financial services firm.
Lori earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Michigan State University and Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law (formerly Detroit College of Law). Upon graduating Law School, Lori became the co-founding partner in the general practice Law Firm of Ahles & Tollefson, P.C. in 1989, where she practiced mostly family law. In 1994 she created the family law practice of Lori T. Williams, P.C., which she operated for a decade until she created Your Legal Resource, PLLC in 2004.
Lori is an active member of the State Bar of Michigan, and has held leadership positions with the General Practice/Solo & Small Firm Section of the Bar, Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce, Women’s Bar Association, Women’s Divorce Resource Center, and Kensington Community Church.
Lori has mentored Women Law Students through the Women’s Bar Association. She was named Ambassador of the Year by the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber in 2011, and Mentor of the Year in 2005 by the Metro Detroit Chapter of the National Association of Career Women (NACW).
Lori T. Williams may be reached at 248-594-4470 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may use the contact form below.
Click on links below to download a high resolution version for publication