Local News Coverage
- Your Legal Resource was featured in the Spring Issue of Motion Magazine by the Legal News. Click here for article.
- Click here to watch a video of Lori on Fox2 discussing the Women’s Divorce Resource Center, which is a non profit conducting monthly workshops to help women navigate the legal, financial, and emotional aspects of divorce.
- Your Legal Resource celebrates its 2000th referral. Click here for article by Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce on January 8, 2013.
- Lori Williams was featured by B4B Connect as one of Metro Detroit’s Women Entrepreneurs on October 31, 2012. Click here for article.
- Your Legal Resource was recently featured by the Young Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Michigan, in their Inter Alia Late Spring 2012 Newsletter. Click here for our article entitled Three Misconceptions About Networking.
- Click here to read article in The Oakland Press, People On The Move, February 19, 2012. Same article appeared in the Advisor & Source Newspaper in Macomb County: Click here.
- Click here to read Dean La Douceur’s 2/3/12 blog featuring Lori Williams as a powerful networker and big picture thinker.
- The Observer and Eccentric featured Lori Williams as Ambassador of the Year for 2011, as named by the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce. Article was posted on 1/22/12. (Link no longer live).
- Click here to read the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber Blog featuring Lori Williams as Ambassador of the Year.
- Click here to read Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly article quoting Lori Williams on 12/13/10, regarding lawyer blogging.
- Click here to read article about Your Legal Resource in Macomb Legal News.Same article was also run in the Detroit Legal News without photo here.
- Click here to read article about Your Legal Resource in Examiner.com
Click here for a current listing of events hosted by Your Legal Resource and Lori Williams
Click here to listen to podcast of Lori Williams at Workshop entitled: Effective Strategies to Improve Your Law Firm’s Bottom Line. Topic: Creating Effective Referral Partners and Strategic Partners.
Click here for photos from above event, featured in Detroit Legal News
Click here to listen to a podcast of Lori Williams, guest of Voices of Detroit
Bio of Lori T. Williams
After practicing divorce law for 14 years, Lori realized she was meant to connect others. That’s when she changed gears and began building relationships for a living, rather than ending relationships as a divorce attorney. Your Legal Resource, PLLC was created in 2004 to connect the right client with the right lawyer in all areas of law throughout Metro Detroit. In 2009, Lori expanded her services to include consulting services to solo and small law firms to help them generate more business through effective branding, marketing, networking, and creating referral partners. She is a regular blogger for the Birmingham Patch.com, Examiner.com, B4BConnect.com, and active on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn where she discusses legal issues and provides networking and marketing tips for small business owners.
Lori earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Michigan State University and Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law (formerly Detroit College of Law). Upon graduating Law School, Lori became the co-founding partner in the general practice Law Firm of Ahles & Tollefson, P.C. in 1989, where she practiced mostly family law. In 1994 she created the family law practice of Lori T. Williams, P.C., which she operated for a decade until she created Your Legal Resource, PLLC.
Lori is an active member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce, and the Women’s Bar Association, which is the Oakland Region of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan. She is also an active member of and Ambassador for The Collaborative Group, an organization of thought leaders in different industries whose mission is to improve the greater Metro Detroit region through entrepreneurship and business development. Lori is an advisory board member to the Women’s Divorce Resource Center, and volunteers as a Stephen Minister through the Birmingham Campus of Kensington Community Church, providing 1 on 1 Christian care and support to individuals during a crisis. She also volunteers throughout the Southfield and Birmingham Communities, and is a mentor to Women Law Students through the Women’s Bar where she served as Membership Chair for 4 years. Lori was named Ambassador of the Year by the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber in 2011, and served 4 years as their Ambassador. She received the Mentor of the Year Award in 2005 from the Metro Detroit Chapter of the National Association of Career Women (NACW), where she served as membership director for three years and helped build the board.
Lori T. Williams may be reached at 248-594-4470 or by email at email@example.com. Or you may use the contact form below.
Follow me on twitter, facebook, linkedin.
Click on links below to download a high resolution version for publication