Your Legal Resource, PLLC is committed to connecting individuals in need of legal advice or representation with honest, trustworthy, and experienced attorneys across the spectrum of legal services in Michigan.
We are also committed to making a difference for the local legal community and small business community, by being a resource partner for your business. We want to create community where there is none, strengthen community where there is some, and help fuel explosive growth in Metro Detroit. It all starts with the small business.
As your strategic resource partner for your practice or small business, we will guide you through the maze of business tools from networking to marketing to social media and beyond. We will help you identify and cultivate long term relationships that are key to your business success and growth. We will share our network of business professionals who can help you with other products, services and resources needed for your business. Whether you need a company logo, a website, a marketing strategy, a coach, or other product or service, we will direct you to the right professional for your business.
What you can expect from our team of legal and business professionals:
- Accessibility: We return all phone calls as soon as possible, and within 24 hours.
- Clarity: We communicate clearly, answer your questions fully, and seek out answers to those on which we are not clear.
- Courtesy: We respect, appreciate and value every client and contact – and strive to provide the same excellence of service we expect for ourselves.
- Professionalism: Honesty and integrity are at the core of our business. Our attorneys and business partners provide quality services and conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism.
- Expertise: Our attorneys are specialists in their respective areas of law who have proven themselves to us over the years. They stay abreast of legislative changes that impact their areas of law, and are active members of professional and community organizations. Many are also authors or professional speakers in their area of specialty. Our business partners have achieved excellence in their industry and will share their knowledge and expertise with you.
- Equitable, Straightforward Fees: Each of the attorneys on our referral team is committed to billing clients honestly and fairly for legal services. Fee options are discussed with you openly, prior to hiring your attorney. Often a free consultation is available with the attorney we refer you to and fees will be discussed at that time. Some matters involve a flat fee, or hourly fee, or contingent fee, or some combination of fees. Our business partners understand the needs and budgets of the individual and small business, and are willing to work with you.
Contact Us for more information or with any questions you may have.
The “legal matchmaker” behind Your Legal Resource is attorney Lori T. Williams. She has been a licensed Michigan attorney since 1989, who practiced divorce and family law the first 14 years of her legal career. As both a practicing attorney and business owner, Lori understands the needs of the client, as well as the demands of the practice for the attorney. She brings the right client and the right lawyer together based on client needs, legal expertise and experience, personality, and budget.
In 2004, Lori established Your Legal Resource, PLLC, a referral service committed to connecting individuals with honest, trustworthy, experienced attorneys across the spectrum of legal services in Michigan.
In 2008, Lori was asked to join the Troy, Michigan office of Special Counsel and served as their Business Development Director for six months, thereby adding legal staffing to her suite of legal resources. Special Counsel is a national company which provides attorneys, paralegals and legal support staff to law firms and legal departments on a part time or full time basis.
In 2009, Lori added consulting services to Your Legal Resource, PLLC, so she could partner with lawyers and other professionals, as well as entrepreneurs and small businesses, to help them in the business of law and in starting or growing a small business. Over the years, Lori has also become known as a local blogger for BirminghamPatch.com, Examiner.com, B4BConnect.com, and an active participant on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook with respect to legal issues, and networking and marketing tips for the solopreneur and small business professional.
Lori earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Michigan State University and Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law (formerly Detroit College of Law). She was a co-founding partner in the general practice Law Firm of Ahles & Tollefson, P.C. in 1989 where she mainly practiced family law, and eventually created her own family law practice in 1994, known as Lori T. Williams, PC. Lori’s focus shifted from the practice of law to the business of law with the establishment of Your Legal Resource, PLLC in 2004, where she has continues to be both an advisor and a resource to the general community in need of legal services, and to the legal community itself.
Lori is an active member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce, and the Women’s Bar Association (which is the Oakland County Region of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan). She is also an active member of and Ambassador for The Collaborative Group, an organization of thought leaders in different industries whose mission is to improve the greater Metro Detroit region through entrepreneurship and business development. Lori is an advisory board member to the Women’s Divorce Resource Center, and volunteers as a Stephen Minister through the Birmingham Campus of Kensington Community Church, providing 1 on 1 Christian care and support to individuals during a crisis. She also volunteers throughout the Southfield and Birmingham Communities, is a mentor to Women Law Students through the Women’s Bar, where she served as Membership Chair for 4 years. Lori was named Ambassador of the Year by the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce in 2011, and served 4 years as their Ambassador. She received the Mentor of the Year Award in 2005 from the Metro Detroit Chapter of the National Association of Career Women (NACW), where she served as membership director for three years and helped build the board.
Lori’s past associations and memberships have included the Michigan Association of Female Entrepreneurs, Connectech, Motor City Connect, the Greater Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce (including serving on membership committee in 2007), the Metro Detroit Chapter of the National Association of Career Women (NACW), the National Association of Women Business Owners (3 years), advisory board member for SmartWomensCoaching.com and Contributing Expert for the Smart Women’s Cafe and Idea Lab from June 2007 to June 2008, and Coach for the 2007 Great Lakes Entrepreneurial Quest Business Plan Competition.
A popular speaker, Lori’s lively presentations include:
- Top 5 Reasons You May Want a Business Lawyer
- What you need to know before retaining your attorney
- What Professionals Need to Know About Networking and Marketing
- Tips for Effective Networking
- How I discovered my purpose and passion, and re-invented my career
Contact Lori by phone 248-594-4470 or Email