Your Legal Resource, PLLC is committed to connecting individuals in need of legal advice or representation with honest, trustworthy, and experienced attorneys across the spectrum of legal services in Michigan. You can expect the following from Your Legal Resource and the legal professionals we partner with:
- Accessibility: We return all phone calls as soon as possible, and within 24 hours.
- Clarity: We communicate clearly, answer your questions fully, and seek out answers to those topics or issues on which we are not clear.
- Courtesy: We respect, appreciate and value every client and contact – and strive to provide the same excellence of service we expect for ourselves.
- Professionalism: Honesty and integrity are at the core of our business. Our attorneys and business partners provide quality services and conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism.
- Expertise: Our attorneys are specialists in their respective areas of law who have proven themselves to us over the years. They stay abreast of legislative changes that impact their areas of law, and are active members of professional and community organizations. Many are also authors or professional speakers in their area of specialty. Our business partners have achieved excellence in their industry and will share their knowledge and expertise with you.
- Equitable, Straight forward Fees: Each of the attorneys on our referral team is committed to billing clients honestly and fairly for legal services. Fee options are discussed with you openly, prior to hiring your attorney. Often a free consultation is available with the attorney we refer you to and fees will be discussed at that time. Some matters involve a flat fee, or hourly fee, or contingent fee, or some combination of fees. Our business partners understand the needs and budgets of the individual and small business, and are willing to work with you.
Contact Us for more information or with any legal questions you may have. We offer a free phone consultation and will connect you with an affordable specialist on our legal referral team who is the right fit for your situation.
The “legal matchmaker” behind Your Legal Resource is attorney Lori T. Williams. She has been a licensed Michigan attorney since 1989, and practiced divorce and family law the first 14 years of her legal career. Since 2014 Lori has also been managing compliance for a local financial services firm.
As both a practicing attorney and business owner, Lori understands the needs of the client, as well as the demands of the practice for the attorney. She brings the right client and the right lawyer together based on client needs, legal expertise and experience, personality, and budget.
Lori earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Michigan State University and Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law (formerly Detroit College of Law). She was a co-founding partner in the general practice Law Firm of Ahles & Tollefson, P.C. in 1989 where she mainly practiced family law, and eventually created her own family law practice in 1994, known as Lori T. Williams, PC. Lori’s focus shifted from the practice of law to the business of law with the establishment of Your Legal Resource, PLLC in 2004, where she has continues to be both an advisor and a resource to the general community in need of legal services, and to the legal community itself.
Lori uses her leadership skills whenever possible in her business and throughout the community. Her current and past leadership roles and memberships include:
- State Bar of Michigan (current), where she served on the Council for the General Practice/Solo & Small Firm Section for one year, and was membership chair for the Women’s Bar Association for four years.
- Ambassador of the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce for four years and was a member for 10 years. Lori received the Ambassador of the Year Award in 2011.
- Advisory board member for the Women’s Divorce Resource Center, and Smart Women’s Coaching for one year each.
- Kensington Community Church member and volunteer for over 10 years. Most recently, Lori served on the leadership team of the Stephen Ministry/Crisis Care Team from 2012-2016.
- Lori has mentored Women Law Students through the Women’s Bar Association, and earned the Mentor of the Year Award from the National Association of Career Women (NACW) in 2010 where she served as membership director for three years and helped build the board.
- Ambassador for and member of The Collaborative Group for 3 years, which was an organization of thought leaders in different industries whose mission is to improve the greater Metro Detroit region through entrepreneurship and business development. The organization evolved into Challenge Detroit, which is still active today.
- Michigan Association of Female Entrepreneurs (MAFE);
- Motor City Connect;
- The Greater Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce for 3 years (including serving on membership committee in 2007);
- Metro Detroit Chapter of the National Association of Career Women (NACW) for 4 years;
- National Association of Women Business Owners (3 years);
- Contributing Expert for the Smart Women’s Cafe and Idea Lab from June 2007 to June 2008;
- Coach for the 2007 Great Lakes Entrepreneurial Quest Business Plan Competition;
- Volunteer for the Birmingham Patriot Football Team for 6 years and Groves Falcon Football Team for 4 years.
Lori has also spoken for various professional organizations throughout the region, on the following topics:
- How to create strategic alliances
- How to build referral relationships
- Top 5 Reasons You May Want a Business Lawyer
- What you need to know before retaining your attorney
- What Professionals Need to Know About Networking and Marketing
- Tips for Effective Networking
- How I discovered my purpose and passion, and re-invented my career
Contact Lori by phone 248-594-4470 or Email